Navigating LGBT+ Diversity and Inclusion in the Tourism Industry Workshop
The global LGBT+ travel market is valued at more than US$200B annually. Canadian destinations are well positioned to grow their share of this market. But in order to be successful, destinations and operators must ensure that LGBT+ customers feel welcome, accepted and are served in a way that exceeds their expectations and accommodates their needs.
Through funding for this project, the Government of Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s tourism industry in becoming LGBT+ market-ready and in promoting Canada’s destinations and tourism products to the LGBT+ travel market internationally.
To support these efforts, CGLCC’s Navigating LGBT+ Diversity and Inclusion in the Tourism Industry helps tourism-based businesses learn about LGBT+ inclusion and how to effectively understand, value, and serve LGBT+ customers and employees. The workshop includes both an online module, Introduction to LGBT+ Diversity and Inclusion (self-paced), and a four-hour workshop webinar.
The workshop includes:
- Provides an introduction to terms and definitions regarding the diversity of LGBT+ and an opportunity to ask questions.
- Discusses the impact of homophobia, transphobia, and heterosexism in the workplace.
- Discusses why safe space is important and what it looks like.
- Reviews the bottom line, specifically the internal and external benefits of LGBT+ inclusive space.
- Introduces new strategies when interacting with LGBT+ employees and customers.
- Provides an opportunity to put new concepts and learning into practice.
- Gives staff an opportunity to brainstorm ways to create LGBT+ inclusive spaces both proactively and reactively.
*Workshops are currently being scheduled in all regions. Please check back regularly for updated information.
**Note: if you don’t see a date or time that works for your group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a custom workshop.
Workshops by region
Workshops will be scheduled soon. Please check back at a later date.
Workshops are currently being scheduled in all regions. Please check back regularly for updated information.