Illuminate 2022: Wrapped!
The CGLCC would once again like to thank you for attending the 2022 Global LGBT+ Business Summit & Supplier Diversity Forum that took place on June 2-3 in person and virtually.
The excitement of once again coming together to learn more and talk about diversity, inclusion and equity in LGBT+ business, was positively electric!
Summit by the numbers:
- 300 Attendees
- 22 Sessions, aired simultaneously in person and virtually
- 5 countries participating, including Canada, Columbia, India, Thailand, and USA
- 119 unique meetings with 17 major companies and suppliers scheduled via the Corporate Matchmaking event
- 441 Virtual Attendee page visits
- 203 Virtual Exhibitor/Sponsor Booth visits
Summit Social Media:
- 318 New Social Media Followers through #CGLCCIlluminate2022 campaign
- 14,058 Post Impressions across all social platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- 669 Post Engagements
Thank you to the following representatives for their support of this year’s Summit:
- Hon. Justin Trudeau, P.C., M.P., Prime Minister of Canada
- Hon. Mary Ng, P.C., M.P., Minister of International Trade, Export Promotion, Small Business and Economic Development
- Hon. Randy Boissonnault, P.C., M.P., Minister of Tourism and Associate Minister of Finance
Highlights of Illuminate 2022
- “You never really know, as an out queer person, what kind of impact you’re making on others just by being yourself and bringing that to every aspect of what you do.” Mattea Roach impacted and inspired us by appearing on stage for the first time since her 23-day Jeopardy winning streak!
- Actors Blu del Barrio and Emily Coutts from Star Trek: Discovery stopped by to speak about creating safe spaces both on and off the screen, fan response to increasingly diverse and inclusive storylines and characters, and how boldly going forward as our true selves helps all of us reach the stars.
- Amber Cubitt from Spoon In won the finals for the EY Pitch competition after a stellar presentation to judges and Summit attendees. Competition was fierce as Shila LeBlanc of Restorative Approach and Kedar Patil of Hydronique Hydration also presented exceptional pitches that made deciding on a final winner exceptionally difficult!
- The winners of CGLCC’s annual LGBT+ Supplier Diversity Awards were announced on Day 2 of Illuminate 2022. Jessica Grey from RBC and Versatil BPI Inc. were recognized for their outstanding commitment to LGBT+ Supplier Diversity. Freshco Retail Maintenance was awarded Exporter of the Year. Congratulations all!
Press release, Video.
- A new Rainbow Registered website was launched and announced as the program develops further after one year of success! The online directory now provides consumers with a handy directory of accredited LGBT+ friendly businesses to visit.
You can view and download some of the memories captured at Illuminate 2022 on our photo site. More will be added throughout the weeks ahead, so please check back often.
If you would like to share your own memories of CGLCC’s Illuminate 2022, please send any photos, stories, or favourite moments to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check #CGLCCIlluminate2022 on social media to see highlights and continue the conversation or share your experiences.
A huge thank you to all the sponsors of 2022 Illuminate.
Please join us in the fall for GALA on November 11, 2022 at The Carlu!
Save the date – more information coming soon!
And in the meantime, sign up to CGLCC’s newsletter and follow us on social media @theCGLCC to stay informed.