The influence and economic impact of the North American LGBT+ market is vast and ever growing. Today, there are more than 1.5 million LGBT-owned businesses in the USA and Canada, contributing nearly $2.2 trillion to the economy and producing more than 35,000 jobs. The LGBT+ consumer in the USA and Canada has an estimated annual buying power of more than $1 trillion. Furthermore,
- 89% of gay men and 92% of lesbians reported that a company’s treatment of its gay and lesbian employees impacts their decision to do business with that company.
- 88% of gay men and 91% of lesbians reported that their purchasing decisions are influenced by corporate sponsorship of LGBT+ events and participation in LGBT+ organizations.
The Summit will build on the success of the CGLCC’s previous events.
Specifically, the Summit will…
- Provide participants with an opportunity to share best practices, and identify and address any barriers to growth and overall success;
- Create a dialogue, amongst all stakeholders, to strengthen the ecosystem that supports the advancement of economic and social development of LGBT+ entrepreneurs, in Canada, the Americas, and globally;
- Expand domestic and international business opportunities by facilitating meetings with corporate partners and diverse-owned enterprises;
- Facilitate growth opportunities for LGBT entrepreneurs by building strong domestic and global networks;
- Introduce participants to new knowledge and tools to advance their business and successfully benefit from expanded supplier diversity opportunities; and
- Provide all speakers and sponsors with the opportunity to engage with, and demonstrate their support of, the LGBT+ business community.
We are bringing together leaders and experts from all sectors: government, corporate, entrepreneurship, academia, and economic development. All have a vested interest in advancing the success of the LGBT+ community at large, and the existing and future entrepreneurs: who are helping to drive our economy and create change.
There are many ways individuals and organization can support and engage in the Summit, and build a stronger relationship with the LGBT community.
We hope that you will join us in welcoming the World!
To find out how you can get involved, please contact Katrina White at email@example.com.