Rainbow Registered® LGBT+ Friendly Accreditation Program
Rainbow Registered recognizes efforts that meet a national standard. The assessment process is voluntary and involves rigorous evaluation methods and evidence of relevant policies and practices. Rainbow Registered accredited businesses/organizations benefit from a formal recognition program trusted by LGBT+ customers, attesting to the progressive policies and practices that will attract the LGBT+ market.
Accreditation is time-limited: businesses/organizations that meet the program standard will receive accreditation for a three-year period, and must apply to renew each year.
Accredited businesses/organizations that have previously “Met” or “Exceeded” the program standard may apply to renew their accreditation by:
- Applying for Accreditation renewal with the CGLCC’s Rainbow Registered Program Manager.
- Signing the Confirmation of Agreement again as part of the renewal application.
- Notifying the CGLCC if there are any changes or updates to the evidence provided in your previous assessment.
- Forwarding correspondence by regular mail to 100 University Avenue, 5th Floor, Toronto ON M5J 1V6 or electronic mail at email@example.com
- Paying the renewal fee plus HST to the Rainbow Registered Program Manager. The fee must be received in full with the application for renewal. Refer to program page for a list of fees.
Renewal applications will be dealt with by the Rainbow Registered Program Manager on a timely basis.
Note that if the applicant business/organization has previously “Met” the program standard and is accredited in good standing, it must undergo a complete assessment to be considered for an “Exceeds” rating. Only previously accredited businesses/organizations are eligible for an “Exceeds” rating. An “Exceeds” rating is also limited to a one-year period and must be renewed in order to maintain accreditation.
If any changes are made to the program, the Rainbow Registered Program Manager will contact accredited businesses/organizations to make them aware of any future requirements for maintaining Rainbow Registered status.
For more information on Rainbow Registered renewal, contact the Rainbow Registered Program Manager at:
or toll-free 1-866-300-7556