Rainbow Registered® LGBT+ Friendly Accreditation Program
Rainbow Registered recognizes efforts that meet a national standard. The assessment process is voluntary and involves rigorous evaluation methods and evidence of relevant policies and practices. Accredited businesses/organizations benefit from a formal recognition program trusted by LGBT+ customers, attesting to the progressive policies and practices that will attract the LGBT+ market.
If your business/organization has applied for Rainbow Registered and been assessed but did not meet the program standard required for accreditation, you may appeal the decision by:
- Advising the Rainbow Registered Program Manager, in writing, of an intent to appeal within 30 days of receiving the assessment decision. This notification may come in the form of regular mail to 100 University Avenue, 5th Floor, Toronto ON M5J 1V6 or electronic mail at email@example.com.
- Describing the case for appeal and the areas of the assessment you feel should be reconsidered.
- Submitting new or different evidence to the Rainbow Registered Program Manager, upon request.
- Forwarding correspondence by regular mail to 100 University Avenue, 5th Floor, Toronto ON M5J 1V6 or electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paying the fee for an appeal of $50 plus HST to the Rainbow Registered Program Manager. The fee must be received in full with the appeal correspondence.
Appeals will be dealt with by the Rainbow Registered Program Manager on a timely basis.
For clarification of information, appropriate sources may be contacted by phone or in writing by the Rainbow Registered Program Manager. These may include, but are not limited to: the applicant, current and past staff or volunteers referenced on the application; suppliers, or others. You will be notified of contact made and be provided with copies of the documentation received from third party sources.
Where an appeal is successful, the $50 appeal fee will be reimbursed.
For more information on the appeal process. contact the Rainbow Registered Program Manager at:
or toll-free 1-866-300-7556