Established in 2003, the CGLCC is a trusted partner linking LGBT+ businesses in Canada to the wider business community. It fosters economic growth by supporting and nurturing LGBT+ businesses, entrepreneurs, students and allies, and by helping Canada’s corporate world connect with the LGBT+ business community. A leader in supplier diversity, it is also the certifying body in Canada for LGBT+ businesses.
CGLCC is looking for a candidate who is excited about impact driven change to make Canada a more inclusive place for the LGBT+ community. We have a really exciting opportunity for the right candidate to become a key member of our growing team.
CGLCC is seeking a Project Manager to lead a large, Canada-wide tourism project to deliver a responsive, comprehensive and sustainable LGBTQ2 Tourism Market Ready Program aimed at helping tourism businesses and communities develop a lucrative and fast-growing LGBTQ2 market. A series of inclusion workshops, Market Ready seminars and Training of Trainer sessions are being delivered across Canada. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of project engagements from scoping, initiation, tracking and reporting to closing.
This is an exciting position for someone looking to gain valuable project management experience in the not-for-profit world. The ideal candidate doesn’t need to be the most experienced in their field and can have a strong passion to learn and grow.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan, manage and support the delivery of 17 destinations/activity focus areas selected for project delivery.
- Plan, manage and support the delivery of 45 tourism workshops across Canada held with 575 participants.
- Foster new partnerships to support the tourism project.
- Track the progress of all project activities to meet deliverables, maintain budget and ensure adherence to completion dates. This includes managing stakeholder expectations around project timelines and delivery deadlines.
- Maintain detailed schedules and metrics to monitor the progress of the project on various aspects like scope, quality, productivity and time-line.
- Manage internal, external and sometimes geographically dispersed resources to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Build and maintain detailed project management plans to include resource, schedule, cost, and quality components.
- Draft detailed project governance and communication plans that address key stakeholders’ requirements.
- Monitor compliance with project task assignments and milestones.
- Manage all aspects of a project to ensure that informed decision making is supported. Frequent contact with internal and external stakeholders and other possibly geographically dispersed team members.
- Provide overall leadership to the project team and create an environment where team members are motivated to perform.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- 2+ years Project Management or relatable experience working under tight timelines.
- Experience managing project teams in both traditional and agile project management methodologies.
- Proven ability to manage internal, external and geographically dispersed resources to meet development commitments and deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual.
- Proficient PC skills using project management software (Teamwork), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G-Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to create and manage complex project plans in an efficient and timely manner.
- Some travel may be required.
- French speaking is a plus.
- This is a home-based, independent contract position (12 months) with the possibility of extension. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Please send your resume, one page cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
CGLCC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.