The Canadian Gay & Lesbian Business Education Foundation was established in 2008 to develop programs to enhance opportunities and growth of LGBT+ business in Canada through training, research and education.
Success in business comes when dynamic people are able to turn original ideas into products and services that sell. But as any entrepreneur will tell you, the path to success is not smooth.
The Canadian Gay & Lesbian Business Education Foundation* was created to support people on that path. Its goal is to develop business acumen and leadership in the LGBT+ community by providing access to education, training and research.
The Foundation works in three areas:
- It eases access to education by funding business scholarships and providing grants for educational programs.
- It conducts and distributes research into LGBT+ business issues.
- It develops and provides training, mentorship and internship programs.
CGLCC Leadership Development Fund
In 2016, the CGLCC established the CGLCC Leadership Development Fund, a fund managed by the Canadian Gay & Lesbian Business Education Foundation, created specifically for business, community and youth.
This fund provides opportunities and access to education, training, and research within three areas of focus:
- small & medium certified LGBT+ business enterprises;
- Canadian LGBT+ regional affiliate chambers and business associations;
- and young LGBT+ entrepreneurs.
Donations over $25 will receive a charitable tax receipt at the end of the year.
*The Canadian Gay & Lesbian Business Education Foundation is administered by the Community One Foundation.