Diverse Suppliers – ESG risks and opportunities
Being a diverse supplier helped open the door. Now, strong ESG practices will help keep you in the supply chain. Join us for an introduction to ESG – and to learn how Environmental, Social and Governance factors are playing an increasingly important role in procurement decisions. Learn how corporate commitments targeting Net-Zero carbon emissions, human rights, and sound risk management will influence corporate procurement decisions for years to come.
Please join us if you:
- Are a B2B business who sells into corporate supply chains
- Want to maximize your opportunities as a diverse supplier
- Want to understand more about sustainable procurement practices
- Are curious about the “ESG” buzz in the business world
During this session we will:
- Provide an overview and introduction to ESG
- Situate diverse suppliers within broader ESG commitments
- Explain how corporations are making sustainable procurement commitments
- Share best practices on how to identify future supply chain ESG requirements
You will leave this workshop better equipped to understand the ESG considerations that will go into your buyers’ procurement decisions and supplier codes of conduct and be able to prioritize the sustainability issues and initiatives you should consider to “future-proof” your business.
About the speaker
Justin Taylor is the President of Cardinals, a queer-owned consulting firm that helps businesses strategize, measure, and manage their impact on people and the planet so they can meet the evolving expectations of customers and financial partners. Previously, Justin led a team at Export Development Canada responsible for assessing the business integrity risks of new and existing clients. Before that he was the first Executive Director of Rainbow Railroad, a Canadian charity that helps LGTBQI+ people facing persecution around the world and held senior government affairs and program management roles at Restaurants Canada. Justin is a Certified Anti-Corruption Specialist and holds a BA from Carleton University and a B. Comm in International Business from University of Ottawa. He lives, works, and enjoys the great outdoors in Ottawa on the traditional unceded territory of the Anishinaabe Algonquin People.
Registration is strictly limited for this workshop. Secure your seat. Register now at ESG Opportunities
This session will be presented in English only.