The Canadian Gay & Lesbian Business Education Foundation
The Canadian Gay & Lesbian Business Education Foundation was established in 2008 to develop programs to enhance opportunities and growth of LGBT+ business in Canada through training, research and education.
The Canadian Gay & Lesbian Business Education Foundation* was created to support people on that path. Its goal is to develop business acumen and leadership in the LGBT+ community by providing access to education, training and research.
The Foundation works in three areas:
- It eases access to education by funding business scholarships and providing grants for educational programs.
- It conducts and distributes research into LGBT+ business issues.
- It develops and provides training, mentorship and internship programs.
CGLCC Leadership Development Fund
In 2016, the CGLCC established the CGLCC Leadership Development Fund, a fund managed by the Canadian Gay & Lesbian Business Education Foundation, created specifically for business, community and youth.
This fund provides opportunities and access to education, training, and research within three areas of focus:
- small & medium certified LGBT+ business enterprises;
- Canadian LGBT+ regional affiliate chambers and business associations;
- and young LGBT+ entrepreneurs.
Donations over $25 will receive a charitable tax receipt at the end of the year.
*The Canadian Gay & Lesbian Business Education Foundation is administered by the Community One Foundation.